Monday, August 22, 2011

Thanks a bunch!

This past weekend, my DH and I attended a wedding.  This was our first, and only wedding this year...my how things have changed!  As a gift to the couple, I made thank you cards for them.

This was one of the designs -


As you may have guessed, their wedding colours were Brown, Gray and Cream!  I started by stamping the leaves from Bloom & Grow in Versamark onto SU Basic Gray paper.  The leaves were then cut out using the Elegant Leaves die.   The flower was stamped in Close to Cocoa ink, then Chocolate Chip, and then cut out using the Floral Circles die.  The sentiment is also from Bloom & Grow, and it was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black onto an oval cut out using my nestabilities.

The layout is August's Week 2 Sketch for the Viva La Verve challenge, over on Splitcoast!  I might manage to get all the challenges done this month!

That is it for today!  Off to get some cleaning, and maybe some stamping done!

supplies
stamps - bloom & grow (verve)
paper - basic gray, very vanilla, chocolate chip dp
other - floral circles die (verve), elegant leaves die (verve), nestabilities

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...